Manitoba Biomass Supplier
Biomass is a clean, renewable and sustainable fuel source developed from leftover organic materials such as wood chips, scrap lumber, some crops and mill residuals.
Ground to a consistency that is perfect for wood-fueled boiler systems, our woodchips have helped numerous companies in Winnipeg and throughout Manitoba switch from coal, natural gas and electricity to a wood-based heating system. At close to 8000 btu and only 12% moisture content, biomass fuel is one of our best kept environmental secrets as it burns clean and per btu is a fraction of the cost of fossil fuels.
Biomass, in the form of wood waste, is used to heat a boiler system. On a large scale, the biomass product is held in a holding tank where it is transported by conveyor to the boiler at a pre-determined rate. Advanced computer systems keep the pressure and temperature stable, meaning the operator must simply monitor a computer, and not the delivery of fuel to the boiler. We have partnered with local Winnipeg suppliers who can provide fully automated, highly efficient boiler system installations.
Many organizations have adopted wood-fueled boiler system because of the many economic and environmental benefits:
- With proper forestry practices, biomass fuel for wood-fueled boilers can be sustained indefinitely, making biomass a low cost energy solution for Canadian companies.
- Since biomass by nature uses scrap organic waste from other processes, it’s an environmentally-friendly recycled fuel source.
- Biomass is a safe, renewable alternative to using fossil fuels. When more biomass fuel is used, there is a net reduction in harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
- Biomass energy is cheaper than electric, coal or oil heating systems.
- Switching to biomass can reduce your C02 emissions by up to 90%.
The renewability, abundance and economic savings associated with biomass have made it Canada’s second largest source of renewable energy after hydroelectricity.