Biomass, a clean & renewable fuel source
Biomass is a renewable and sustainable fuel source developed from leftover organic materials such as wood chips, scrap lumber, some crops and mill residuals.
Ground to a consistency that is perfect for wood-fueled boiler systems, our woodchips have helped numerous companies switch from coal, natural gas and electricity to a wood-based heating system. At close to 8000 btu and only 12% moisture content, biomass fuel is one of our best kept environmental secrets as it burns clean and per btu is a fraction of the cost of fossil fuels.
Biomass, in the form of wood waste, is used to heat a boiler system. On a large scale, the biomass product is held in a holding tank where it is transported by conveyor to the boiler at a pre-determined rate. Advanced computer systems keep the pressure and temperature stable, meaning the operator must simply monitor a computer, and not the delivery of fuel to the boiler. We have partnered with local suppliers who can provide fully automated, highly efficient boiler system installations.
Many organizations have adopted wood-fueled boiler system because of the many economic and environmental benefits:
- With proper forestry practices, biomass fuel for wood-fueled boilers can be sustained indefinitely, making biomass a low cost energy solution for Canadian companies.
- Since biomass by nature uses scrap organic waste from other processes, it’s an environmentally-friendly recycled fuel source.
- Biomass is a safe, renewable alternative to using fossil fuels. When more biomass fuel is used, there is a net reduction in harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
- Biomass energy is cheaper than electric, coal or oil heating systems.
- Switching to biomass can reduce your C02 emissions by up to 90%.
The renewability, abundance and economic savings associated with biomass have made it Canada’s second largest source of renewable energy after hydroelectricity.